Lee Newsham joins Hogia Ferry Systems
Hogia Ferry Systems are delighted to announce a new member joining our team. Lee Newsham, formerly of Red Funnel Ferries, will start at Hogia on the 10th of July and be working out of Southampton in the UK. Lee is well-known to most of our customers and partners, and will be working under the title Business Systems Expert.
Lee began to work for Red Funnel in 2000, as a member of their call centre. Since then he has held various positions resulting in a detailed and comprehensive understanding of their business. Lee has worked aboard Red Funnel’s Hi-Speed and Ro-Pax vessels; as Terminal Coordinator; as Terminal Manager; and most recently as Revenue Systems Manager. Lee will bring 17 years of invaluable hands-on ferry experience to both Hogia Ferry Systems and to our customers.
Whilst working as a Revenue Systems Manager, Lee lead and delivered several interesting projects. These include:
• The introduction of passenger only self-service ticketing machines (integrated via the BOOKIT API).
• The introduction of additional ticketing machines selling UK Rail and ITSO (smart) tickets (in conjunction with a local government funded scheme)
• The implementation of an ANPR system which locates a booking within the BOOKIT Check-In Application.
• Organizing payment terminals integrated with BOOKIT (liaising with payment providers and banks)
• The introduction of a new fully responsive website in liaison with Red Funnel’s web agency Softronic.
Lee has also taken and passed the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualification for project management.
In most of his roles, Lee’s work has involved BOOKIT. During the last 8 years, Lee has been Hogia Ferry Systems’ main contact for BOOKIT at Red Funnel. He has acquired an in-depth understanding of how to maximize the use of the system, both in-house BOOKIT as well as the BOOKIT API. This includes how BOOKIT could be used to optimise revenue, saving time and money. Lee’s affectionate title of ‘Mr BOOKIT’ was not bestowed without merit!
We are very grateful for the kind and helpful support of Red Funnel in this recruitment, especially from Jonathan Green and Lee Hudson.
We all warmly welcome Lee on-board.
Hogia Ferry Systems